Mar. 11 2013
Danny Schmidt, Producer / Director of Photography
- Nickname: Schmidt
- Home: Originally from Salt Lake City, currently residing in Fort Collins, Colorado
- What got you into filmmaking? My first foray into filmmaking was in high school when my friends and I would shoot and edit skateboard videos. I will date myself here, but our original editing setup involved two VCRs…
- How did you first meet Nikki? I first met Nikki in Bozeman, Montana, when producers Jaime Jacobsen, Charles Dye, and Rick Smith asked me to come run around with Nikki on the trails with my Stedicam.
- Why did you become involved in Nikki’s Long Trail expedition / the making of the film? Nikki is an awesome person and I immediately felt that the story had potential. I really enjoy working wtih Jaime, Rick, and Charles and I was just really stoked that they wanted me to help!
- Biggest inspiration: My Mom
- Biggest fear: Awkward social situations
- Favorite food on a shoot / in the field: Coffee and gummy worms
- Proudest moment: Turning 30
- 3 things people should know about you: I wanted to be a professional skateboarder, I love the Utah Jazz, I might be funnier than I look.
- Ambition / What’s next? Stay healthy, keep learning, and have a good time.