David Wolfgang-Kimball, Pacer and Support Team Member
Raised in a log cabin on a Colorado mountain, David has always loved nature. Skiing and running help him take in as much of it as possible, as quickly as possible, although he does stop to smell the foliage occasionally. You may also find him camping, swimming, cycling, taking pictures, or eating cookies. David is Nikki’s cousin, and they have been lifelong buddies. He’s been thrilled to watch Nikki’s relentless progress since childhood, although he occasionally misses holstein-with-rifle biathlon years. In regular life, David works at UCSF coordinating technology for a set of neuroscience labs, and periodically helps manage really good conferences (previously TED, now EG).
- Nickname/Trail Name: Cousin, or just Cuz
- Home: San Francisco, CA
- What got you into running? Crewing for Nikki at Western States 100 over the years
- How did you first meet Nikki? Chasing each other around in a sprinkler in our diapers
- Why did you become involved in Nikki’s Long Trail expedition? How could I not?! What a challenge, what an expedition. And I always love supporting Nikki.
- Greatest inspirations: A sunny day. San Francisco. Good people who strive.
- Proudest moment: Running a successful conference!
- Biggest fear: Broccoli, no question.
- Favorite food on the trail: Pizza and reject shattered Santa maple candy.
- Best adventure: Heli-skiing…it’s just stupidly fantastic.