Feb. 4 2013
Andrea Cady, Doctor, Chef and Support Team Member
- Nickname/Trail Name: Wench. Or little wench.
- Home: Pittsford, Vermont initially. Bozeman, Montana now.
- What got you into running? Runner parents in the 70s. High school XC running on trails in VT.
- How did you first meet Nikki? Our moms taught junior high together and decided we each needed a female friend. I was 11 and Nikki was 10. We built a fort in the woods together and she seemed pretty cool.
- Why did you become involved in Nikki’s Long Trail expedition? Chance to hang out in the woods and cook and help Nikki.
- Greatest inspiration: changes month to month. Right now it’s my love of new soup recipes.
- Proudest moment: Tuckerman headwall in leather laceup tele boots and wood (3 pin binding) skis, 1995ish. Followed Nikki up.
- Biggest fear: same headwall, same trip.
- Favorite food on the trail: jerky. Soup’s good, too.
- Best adventures: life with a poodle, and a boyfriend who taught me how to kayak and mountain bike and dirtbike.
- 3 Things People Should Know About You: (1) the farthest I think I’ve ever run at once is about 18 miles, (2) when we used to pretend we were the Beatles when we were 12 Nikki was Ringo and I was George Harrison, and (3) the most helpful advice I’ve received is “Never criticize your own cooking”.
- Ambition / What’s Next? Would eventually like to find a job as cook/ physician on a South Pacific dive boat or private yacht. Anyone hiring?