Dennis Ball, Lead Pacer and Support Team Member
Dennis Ball grew up in the mountains of Colorado but didn’t get involved in endurance sports until he moved to New York in 2003. Since then he has competed in everything from turkey trots, Ironman, to many ultra-distance running events. Dennis has a passion for endurance sports and it was this passion that inspired him to go back to school. Currently Dennis is finishing his degree in nutrition at Queen College and will be graduating this spring. When Dennis is not running or studying he works as a running coach for TriLife Coaching.
- Home: New York, NY
- What got you into running? My friend Jasmine Pierce called me one day and asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her. I thought why not and ever since then running became a part of my life.
- How did you first meet Nikki? I first met Nikki when I was the coach for The North Face Endurance Challenge in NY. I had to speak on a guest panel with her. I was very nervous and she could tell but she helped put me at ease.
- Why did you become involved in Nikki’s Long Trail expedition? I became involved with this expedition because I believed in the purpose and message Nikki wanted to send with this project. Endurance sports are a lifestyle to me and they have a very transformative power. I hope that this project will inspire people to become active as well as bring more attention about equality in sports.
- Greatest inspiration: When people realized that they are capable of more than they thought they were.
- Proudest moment: It will be this May when I graduate from college!
- Biggest fear: Running into a mountain lion
- Favorite food on the trail: Gatorade’s Carb Energy Chew
- Best adventure: By far The Long Trail
- 3 Things People Should Know About You: 1) I am currently applying for my dietetic internship and my number 1 choice is in Bozeman, MT. 2) I am a vegetarian that hates eggplant. 3) I cheated on my vegetarian diet during Nikki’s Long Trail expedition. Shhhh.